McCabe Earns Moms Demand Action's Gun Sense Candidate Distinction
APRIL 19, 2018 - Mike McCabe received the Gun Sense Candidate Distinction from Moms Demand Action in recognition of the stands he has taken in his campaign for governor.
Since its inception after the tragedy at Sandy Hook School, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America has established a chapter in every state of the country and, along with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and the Everytown Survivor Network, is part of Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than 4 million supporters who are dedicated to common sense reforms that protect the 2nd Amendment and also make our communities safer.
McCabe is on record supporting 16 steps to address school safety issues and deal with gun violence. None would stop people from hunting or prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns. They would, however, make schools and communities safer and save lives.
The 16 actions Mike supports include:
- Universal background checks
- Ban bump stocks
- Provide more funding for school security
- End state preemption of local gun laws
- Reinstate 48-hour waiting period on gun purchases
- Raise gun purchase age to 21
- Ban high capacity magazines
- Assault weapons ban
- Prohibit those on terrorist watch list from buying guns
- Require firearms dealers to keep weapons locked up prior to sale
- Prohibit those convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearm
- More funding for mental health services
- Allow family or police to petition court to take guns from those who pose lethal threat
- Universal law enforcement database allowing for tracing of weapons
- Limit number of firearms that can be purchased at one time and within a month
- Ban armor-piercing bullets except for law enforcement
For more information on the campaign please visit: www.GovernorBlueJeans.com
Email address: Christine@GovernorBlueJeans.com
Days Until Primary